|Who we are...
- An employer committed to public service, equal opportunity and the importance of diversity in the workplace.
- A workforce building community and serving our customers with commitment to our core workplace values:
Honesty, Respect, Responsibility, Teamwork
- The City of Roanoke will accept applications for "open" positions only.
- Applications are accepted by mail, fax, Internet, or in person.
- A resume may be submitted to support the application.
- Employee applications must be submitted by 5:00 P.M. on the specified deadline date.
- The employment process requires that candidates must be a U.S. citizen or secure a valid work permit issued by the U.S. Department of Labor or the U.S. Department of Justice prior to the beginning of employment with the City of Roanoke.
- As a drug/alcohol free workplace, the City of Roanoke administers pre-employment screening to all new hires.
Applying Online -- Features
- Ability to submit multiple applications.
- Ability to check the status of your application through the Internet to see if it has been received by the Department of Human Resources.
- Ability to complete the application over multiple sessions.
- Provides a printable copy of your application to keep for your records.
- Secure transmission of your information.
- Information you provide is only used for the purposes of employment with the City of Roanoke.